To create a document which records information for use in any future trial of the perpetrators or in defence of those of us who protested against the crimes committed by our government and its agents against asylum seekers.
- Bring together a single resource which links the law, policy, action and commentary
- Try to break the secrecy around how asylum seekers are treated and managed
- Keep a record of communications and observations in relation to the above
- Develop a register of people who stand against indefinite detention
- Keep an archive of my communications in relation to unlawful detention.
For years now I as one among many, many advocates have raised the inhumanity, injustice and violence our government commits in relation to asylum seekers. We have spoken, writen letters to politicians, protested, visited asylum seeker and supported their claims, told their stories and reported abuse to national and international Human Rights Organisations.
But the treatment of those in on and offshore detention or waiting in Limbo is deteriorating.
Yesterday as I read an article by Julian Burnside I decided I could no longer stand by.
With this blog I challenge the Australian government and the opposition.
When their trial comes we will be ready.
To add you name to the witness register fill in the contact form below